Hi you fabulous human,
This past weekend, I grabbed brunch with some friends, and we all came to the same realization: every major career move we’ve made came from someone we knew.
The event manager role that broke me out of minimum wage? It came through a mom I was nannying for—she had connections at the company I was applying for.
The marketing role that eventually catapulted me into a 6-figure salary? A friend I’d known since 8th grade made the introduction.
How I met my current co-founders and ended up launching The Assist? A former teammate (shoutout to my old marketing team!) connected me to one of them.
Here’s the truth: your network is your greatest asset. But building one that actually supports you? That’s the hard part.
So if you’re looking to strengthen your network, here’s what’s worked for me:
✅ Give before you ask – Offer help, share insights, or make introductions before expecting anything in return. Relationships built on generosity go further.
✅ Stay in touch – Don’t wait until you need something to reconnect. A quick check-in or “thought of you” message goes a long way.
✅ Show up – Whether it’s virtual communities, industry events, or a LinkedIn comment section, being visible leads to opportunities.
✅ Be intentional – Networking isn’t about collecting contacts; it’s about meaningful relationships. Focus on connecting with people who inspire and challenge you.
Which brings me to Smart Girl Society (SGS)—our private AI + productivity community for ambitious women who are done playing small and ready to level up. In SGS, you’ll:
- Get prompt templates, frameworks, and workflows that turn AI from intimidating to intuitive
- Learn AI plays designed to get you seen, get you promoted, and give you back hours in your week
- Connect with other high-achievers who get it, so you don’t feel like you’re doing this alone
👉 Check out SGS now. |
|